A minor in anthropology demonstrates an appreciation for human biological and cultural diversity and complements many programs of study including biology, psychology, sociology, history, foreign languages, fine arts, education, business, medicine, and law. A student wishing to minor in anthropology should contact the Anthropology department Director of Undergraduate Studies for an appointment.
The requirements for a minor in anthropology are:
- A minimum of 15 credit hours are required to complete the minor.
- A minimum of 9 credit hours must be completed at MU.
- A maximum of 6 credit hours can be at the 1000 level.
- A minimum of 3 credit hours are required at the 3000 level or above.
- No more than 6 credit hours can be in readings, research or problems courses.
- All required minor coursework must be completed with a grade of C- or higher.
- A minimum minor GPA of 2.0 is required to earn the minor.
A student cannot use minor coursework towards their major or the same coursework for multiple A&S minors. The minor must be completed and awarded at the same time as the MU undergraduate degree.
Once an A&S minor is awarded, a student cannot return to MU to complete a major in the same department.
To officially declare your minor in Anthropology, fill out the declaration form. Once you have received confirmation of your minor declaration, you can access your progress towards your minor by running a degree audit. If you have questions about the minor after you view your degree audit, contact the Department of Anthropology Director of Undergraduate Studies or academic advisor for the minor . More information about declaring a minor is available here.