Deadlines to submit applications and all other documentation are as follows:
- Deadline for Fall session is January 10th
- Deadline for Spring session is October 15th
To streamline the application process we highly suggest that all documentation be submitted to MU Graduate Studies online application system. Once your application fee has been paid, application submitted online and all requested documents are uploaded or received by the department, we will then begin reviewing your application for admission into the Department of Anthropology’s Graduate Program. It is the applicant’s responsibility to make sure all material has been submitted.
Submit all of the following through the Graduate Studies online application
- Graduate Studies Application and all required Graduate School documents
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Statement of Purpose: 1—3 pages, addressing your background and research interests in Anthropology. (Upload to the Supplemental Information section of your application).
- Resume/Vitae: Please make sure to include the start and end date of all employment and teaching experience. (Upload to the Supplemental Information section of your application).
- Recommendation Letters: Three academic recommendations are required and must be submitted by the recommender, either through the online application or mailed/emailed directly to the Department of Anthropology.
- Writing Sample: Needs to be at least 3--4 pages in length.
Submit the following documents to the Department of Anthropology:
- Official Test Information (GRE/TOEFL): You may upload test score reports to the “Test Information” section of the application to expedite review of your application by the Department of Anthropology. Official scores need to be submitted to Graduate Studies, no hard copy is needed. (Department code 1701; MU code 6875) Link to minimum department requirements
Department of Anthropology
University of Missouri
112 Swallow Hall
Columbia, MO 65211
Department Contact: Cynthia Irsik, Admin. Assistant, email@example.com, 573-882-4731